Facebook’s Deepfakes Ban, Sonos’ Google Lawsuit, Ant Pruitt at CES
• OneZero’s Will Oremus joins us to talk about Facebook’s deepfakes ban — though it’s still lax on so-called “shallow fakes.”
• Adi Robertson over at The Verge explains Sonos’ lawsuit. The company is taking on Google (and, eventually, Amazon) for allegedly stealing its smart speaker tech.
• Ant Pruitt calls in live from the show floor to talk about some of the awesome stuff he saw at CES.
• Mikah Sargent shares Lauren Goode’s Wired article about sex-tech companies at CES.
• Jason Howell talks about all the improvements coming to audio in Bluetooth’s new Bluetooth LE Audio spec.
Hosts: Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
Guests: Will Oremus, Adi Robertson, Ant Pruitt
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Products we recommend: https://twit.to/amazon
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
Tweets by TWiT
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.