Coronavirus impacts tech, Cruise Origin’s origin, and why free software is never free.
• First, Jason gives us a look at the Sun’s surface with the help of the National Science Foundation’s new Inouye Solar Telescope.
• Then, Mikah talks about the death of MoviePass now that the company has filed for bankruptcy.
• Then, CNET’s Jason Hiner details the impact of the Wuhan coronavirus on big tech.
• Then, Sam Abuelsamid gives us the ins, outs, and in-betweens of the Cruise Origin autonomous vehicle.
• Lastly, Recode’s Rani Molla explains alternative data collection and why those free apps and services you’re using aren’t actually free.
Hosts: Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
Guests: Jason Hiner, Sam Abuelsamid, Rani Molla
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Products we recommend: https://twit.to/amazon
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
Tweets by TWiT
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.