Bias and AI, online test proctoring, troubleshooting home Wi-Fi.
• Dave Gershgorn from OneZero talks about how bias can creep into AI systems and what can be done to prevent it.
• With schools moving online more now than ever, Monica Chin from the Verge shines a light on the invasive practices of remote proctoring services.
• Wi-Fi in the home can be a big challenge, but it might not be the problem. Geoffrey Fowler from the Washington Post walks through how to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection.
• Contact Tracing apps are starting to be used by the public, all of them employing different methods of tracking and raising eyebrows in the process.
• Google Meet just opened up its suite to all users for free in a bid to beat Zoom at the game Google helped to create.
Hosts: Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
Guests: Dave Gershgorn, Monica Chin, Geoffrey Fowler
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Products we recommend: https://twit.to/amazon
TWiT may earn commissions on certain products.
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
Tweets by TWiT
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.